Welcome to the next installment of the Artyarns Merino Cloud Inspiration Club!
Every two months we have been receiving a limited number of specially dyed Merino Cloud yarn from ArtYarns. The colors are limited edition and exclusive.
Each installment is a surprise, but will be in the spirit of the season, as you can see from the first photo on this page.
Plus! Each month we also offer you one or more free patterns! Read on for more details.....
Merino Cloud is a luxurious blend of Extra Fine Merino (80%) and Italian Cashmere (20%) with 437 yards per skein. It knits up as a fine fingering through to a sport weight depending on needle size. Perfect for scarves, shawls, and garments of all types.
This month's offering is truly awesome. A rich blend of colors, named Tulip Gardens, this blends from magenta to red to red-orange to yellow with a whisper of green to it plus with lots of intriguing hues in between as well.
And Iris writes that this spring-inspired color is dyed like a gradient, light to dark.
Patterns: if you are interested in any of these patterns, free with purchase, let me know and I will email them to you.
Bear in mind that many of these call for more than just the one skein of Merino Cloud. The #s 1 and 2 are shown on this page and can be made with one skein of Merino Cloud. (If you'd like to see more photos of any of these, just ask!)
And though we didn't bring in the Silk Beads & Sequins yarn, we do offer beads that you can add (details below).
1. Tulip Gardens Shawl Pattern, designed by Iris Schreier, uses 1 skein of Merino Cloud in Tulip Gardens colorway
2. Crocheted Spring Flowers Shawl Pattern, designed by Heidi Haarsager of the Twisted Skein in California, uses 1 skein of Merino Cloud in Tulip Gardens colorway and optional 1 skein of Beaded Silk and Sequins in Tulip Gardens colorway
3. Shimmering Tulips Poncho Pattern, designed by Cindy Craig of The Studio in Missouri, uses 2 skeins of Merino Cloud in Tulip Gardens and 2 skeins of Merino Cloud in contrast color 242
4. Tulip Fields Tee, designed by Lucinda Iglesias of Mont Tricot in Canada, uses 1 skein of Merino Cloud in Tulip Gardens, 1 skein of Merino Cloud in contrast color 242, and optional 1 skein of Beaded Silk and Sequins in Tulip Gardens Colorway
5. Vikareus Cowl, designed by Danielle Bowen of Knitique in California, uses 1 skein of Merino Cloud in contrast color 242, and 1 skein of Beaded Silk and Sequins in Tulip Gardens colorway
6. Tulip Gardens Triangle, designed by Iris Schreier, uses 1 skein of Merino Cloud in contrast color 242, and 1 skein of Beaded Silk and Sequins in Tulip Gardens colorway<
If you would like beads specially selected to go nicely with your Tulip Garden Merino Cloud, there is that option as a drop-down menu labeled "Kits." You can get the yarn only or the yarn plus 35g of size 6/0 beads (that is about 400 to 420 beads).
If you have a preference on the color for your beads, tell me. Otherwise I will choose for you.