Welcome to the next installment of the Artyarns Merino Cloud Inspiration Club!
Every two months we have been receiving a limited number of specially dyed Merino Cloud yarn from ArtYarns. The colors are limited edition and exclusive.
Each installment is a surprise, but will be in the spirit of the season, as you can see from the first photo on this page.
Plus! Each month your choice of free patterns! Read on for more details.....
Merino Cloud is a luxurious blend of Extra Fine Merino (80%) and Italian Cashmere (20%) with 437 yards per skein, it knits up as a fine fingering through to a sport weight depending on needle size. Perfect for scarves, shawls, and garments of all types.
With Autumn comes amazingly gorgeous colors and this yarn reflects them beautifully.
1. The special colorway for this month is called Earth Tones and it is absolutely gorgeous. To my eye these colors are richer and less brown than what I usually think of as "earthtones." No doubt this stunning inspiration photo that Iris based it on has a lot to do with that.
Rich and vibrant, I see browns for sure and also lilac and orange, fuchsia, and red and a rich goldenrod yellow.
(Honestly, if I were the one to name this, I'd call it Royal Parrot.) :-)
2. We also brought in some wonderful almost-solid colorways to work with these. This is simply numbered, not named; it is #295. And I would call it Magenta. This specific hue is not repeated in the variegated EarthTones colorway so would work beautifully with it while enhancing the whole tremendously.
You can see photos of the free patterns on this page. Make sure to let me know which one(s) you would like sent (via email) to you.
1. Earth Tones Shawl by Iris Schreier uses the popular boomerang shape and can be knitted with just 1 skein of Merino Cloud in Earth Tones, or you can add one additional skein of Beaded Silk and Sequins to make it larger and enhance the edging.
2. Marakesh Express Wrap by Pam Grushkin for Westport Yarns uses 1 skein of Merino Cloud in Earth Tones, 1 skein of , 1 skein of Merino Cloud in 295, and 1 skein of Beaded Silk and Sequins in Earth Tones.
3. EarthTones Feuilles D’erable Cowl can be knit in just the merino cloud (one skein of each of these) or an optional addition of the Beaded Silk & Sequins.
The Beads (Optional)
So you see that we have 2 free patterns that simply require this EarthTones yarn (with the option of adding the Beaded Silk & Sequins) and one that are written with both of these yarns plus the addition of Art Yarns' Beaded Silk & Sequins which we didn't bring in this month.
So we are offering some beads to add to the yarn and add your own bling wherever you decide!
If you so choose, you can get a container of size 6/0 beads, chosen to work well with the yarn colorway. A 25g container holds about 300 beads.
If you have a preference on color bead-wise, tell me. Otherwise I will choose for you.