Only one kit left in stock!
Audra Wrap is a beautiful new shawl by Ambah O'Brien. We have put together some gorgeous yarns to knit it in.
Get the pattern itself directly from Ambah on her Ravelry page here.
Ambah writes that both charted and written instructions are provided for the lace sections.
Here is how Ambah describes this lovely piece:
Immerse yourself in this delicate confection, as sweet and light as fairy floss.
Audra is a large bias wrap with simple shaping that begins with an eyelet border then alternates airy garter stripes with exquisite lace, like layers of sorbet and cake.
Choose three colours in frosty neutrals or candy-coloured brights, work the layers as long as you like, and make it a luscious, one-of-a-kind piece.
Designed to take you from early morning to cool, shimmery evenings, Audra is such an indulgent and satisfying knit, you’ll never take it off.
Yarn and Colorways
Ambah recommends using Fingering weight/4-ply
C1: 420 yd/384 m
C2: 420 yd/384 m
Lace weight/2-ply *
C3: 420 yd/384 m
Our kits are rather unique and are described below.
Two of the yarns are from the gorgeous Kindred Spirits sets from The Alpaca Yarn Company.
This is a combination of two yarns, dyed to work well together.
Each Kindred Spirits set is composed of:
As C1 or C2: Mariquita (fingering weight) ~ 50% baby alpaca / 50% tencel with 400 yds / 100g
As C3: Halo Watercolors (lace weight) ~ 78% brushed Suri Alpaca / 22% nylon with 514 yds / 50g
So you notice that instead of the mohair/silk yarn that Ambah used for this, we have a lovely alpaca blend for you. Here is what The Alpaca Company writes about it:
While it looks like mohair, it has an amazing softness with none of the itchy-ness that you might find in mohair. Suri alpaca is very rare and very lustrous and is perfect for lacy projects...You can achieve a wide range of gauges on a US #4-8 needle and beyond.
So now we needed a third yarn, a fingering weight to make up the kit.
We thought that a solid or almost-solid colorway would add a great depth to the whole without distracting from the intriguing colors of the Kindred Spirit set. These are described in more detail below.
Kit A: (Sorry, out of stock)
The Kindred Spirits set is called Violet Vale.
1. The Halo is dyed in a lovely variegated blend of aqua, blue, and violet.
2. The Mariquita is a tonal blend of violets and lilacs.
3. For the third yarn we have Alegria from Manos Del Urugusay, 75% wool/ 25% nylon, with 445 yards/ 3.5 oz skein. The colorway is Stratus and is a tonal blend of pale blues.
The Kindred Spirit set is called Blue Lagoon;
1. The Halo is a delicate blend of aqua, teal and spring green.
2. The Mariquita is a lovely blend of aquas and blues, again light and delicate.
3. Our third yarn is Mechita from Malabrigo, 100% merino supewash with 420 yards/ 100g. The color we chose is Teal Feather, a deep and rich almost-solid of teals.
Reminder: you should get the pattern for this wrap directly from Ambah on her Ravelry page here.