Only two kits left in stock!
20% off while supplies last.....
Boomerangle is a wonderful new design by Nim Teasdale, perfect for summer knitting.
The best way to get this pattern is via Nim's Ravelry page. This puts a copy in your Ravelry library and ensures you get any updates right away. If you plan to get the pattern there, let the drop-down menu be set to "No Pattern Needed".
However, if this doesn't work for you for any reason, you have the option of a printed copy or one emailed by us -- choose via the drop-down menu.
What we have for this kit is yarn and beads for creating this lovely piece.
Each kit is a slightly different price as each is made up of different yarns. You will see the price difference via the drop-down menu when you make your selection.
Here is what Nim writes
Boomerangle is a long asymmetric triangle designed for experimenting with colour and contrast.
The body of the shawl is worked sideways, alternating between garter and stockinette to create a slightly shot fabric, which are intersected by strong slip stitch lines. It is ideal for showing off two contrasting or complementary skeins, or try a solid paired with a variegated, speckled or gradient yarn for dynamic results.
It is shown here in two dappled gradient yarns which were swapped at the halfway point.
Adaptable to any yarn weight, and any yardage, by adjusting needle size to suit your preferred gauge. Pattern rows are worked on RS only, and only one colour is worked at a time. Can be worked entirely from written pattern, or from chart with some notes.
Looks like great fun, doesn't it? Simple-ish but not boring.
The Yarn and Colorways
We are not offering the same yarns that Nim used in her original. You can see what we have for our kits in the inset photos on the top picture and again below that.
Kit A -- sold out, sorry...
The two yarns of Kit A are both from Malabrigo, their Mechita, 100% merino superwash with 420 yards/ 100g.
1. Aniversario is a fiesta's worth of colors, a variegated colorway with red and fuchsia and rose and violet, navy and indigo and purple and violet, gold and green, teal and probably a few in-betweens I missed naming.
2. Teal Feathers is a quiet almost-solid in green teal with subtly varying tonalities. It is a great foil for the Aniversario.
1. The first yarn in this kit is Mechita again from Malabrigo. The colorway is called Ilusion, a gentle blend that combines golds and violets.
2. For the second yarn of Kit B we chose Plum Dandy in Merino Mia of Prism Yarns to contrast with it. This yarn is 100% merino, with 190 yards/ 2oz. (Two skeins will be in your kit). Plum Dandy is a tonal almost-solid with varying depths of plums and violets in a beautiful combo.
Kit C -- sold out, sorry...
1. From Madeline Tosh this yarn is Tosh Merino Light, 100% merino wool, 420 yards per skein. The colorway is Raspberry Cordial, a dark and vibrant blend of royal purple and wine with some shots of blue as well.
2. This yarn is Alegria from Manos del Ururguay, 75% wool/ 25% nylon, with 445 yards/ 100g skein. The colorway is Butia, a warm and fiery combination of yellow and gold and apricot and rust, plus some suggestions of lime.
Each kit will include one skein of each yarn mentioned (except for the 2 skeins of Plum Dandy in Kit B), giving you plenty of yardage to play with.