Our Grab Bags are close cousins to our Orphan Skeins.
As the years go by, we find ourselves ending up with more and more single skeins, left over from full bags once we have put together kits.
And while I love them all (as a mother to her hundreds and hundreds of children), they would really be happier in new homes where they stand a chance of being part of a project.
And so here we put together a few special Chromatic Grab Bags, each of 3 skeins of very high-quality yarn, in brand-new condition and selected to look great together or as themselves.
Grab Bag A: A beautifully rich combo of purples! (sorry, sold out)
1. From Madeline Tosh, this is Tosh Merino Light, 420 yards/ 100g of 100% merino wool. The colorway is called Medieval and is a rich tonal mix of varying depths of merlot wine.
2. The middle skein you see in the photo is from Malabrigo, their Mechita with 100% merino superwash and 420 yards/ 100g. The colorway is Musas and is a mix of red-violets, blue-violets, and purples and blues.
3. The third skein here is from Shalimar, the Breathless yarn of 75% superwash merino/ 15% cashmere/ 10% silk with 420 yards. The colorway is Byzantium and is an almost-solid of rich royal purple.
Grab Bag B: The ocean in all its dramatic phases!
1. The lefthand skein is again Mechita, this time in Polar Morn, a soft blending of pale blues of varying tonalities.
2. The middle skein is Sock from Malabrigo, a plied yarn of 100% superwash merino with 440 yards/ 100g skein. The colorway is Whales Road, a variegated mix of deep blues and purples.
3. The righthand skein is Sock again, this time in Cote D'Azure, an almost-solid of rich navy blue.
Grab Bag C: A trio of neutrals for awesome highlight! (Sorry, sold out)
1. The skein in the front is from Madeline Tosh, a variation on the Tosh Merino Light, this one is "+ Glitter". The yarn is 90% merino wool/ 8% acrylic 2% stellina, the stellina being soft silvery threads. There are 420 yards/ 100g. This colorway is Good Silence, a mostly solid cream look with faint speckles of browns and rose and occasional other surprises.
2. The middle skein if again from MadTosh, their Tosh Sock, a plied yarn of 100% merino wool and 395 yards/ 100g. The colorway is Soot, with strong dots and dashes of teal and black on cream and fairly frequent speckles of cgold and rose, and occasional red and orange.
3. The last skein is Malabrigo's Mechita, this time a deep dark pure Black.