We just put together another set to offer in our Orphan Skeins series. (Orphan Skeins are high-quality skeins of yarn we have left over from kits, usually only one or two of each -- and presented here at a great discount, at least 15%.)
These are all from Crystal Palace, a company that is no longer manufacturing yarn. So these are all discontinued and once they are gone -- poof! -- they are truly gone.
Mini Mochi is 80% merino wool/ 20% nyulon, with 195 yards/ 50g ball. Each colorway has looooooong color runs, that blend one into the next. It is a single ply yarn and even though it is spun from superwash Australian Merino it still can felt if rubbed against itself in a loose or lace knit.
Sausilito is a cousin of Mini Mochi, with the same fiber content and a yardage of 198 yards/50g. This is plied, again with long color runs which will give a slight tweedy effect as colors meet and diverge. It knits up very soft.
1. Bodega Bay: Mini Mochi: Lilac into blue into green, with tones in between.
2. Rainbow Trout: Mini Mochi: I saee a lovely rainbow of colors, with an olive-gray moving into a gold into an amber into a rose into a sea foam into a lbue inot a grey and back around again.
3. Violet Rainbow: Mini Mochi: a beautiful play of greens and purples in varying depths and tones.
4. Fall Herbs: Sausalito: Autumnal colors, a beautiful range of browns, golds, oranges and reds.
5. Firebird: Sausalito: Rich and fiery hues, from orange into red-orange into red into dark red.
6. Fog Bound: Mini Mochi: primarily varying greys from light into charcoal and black.
7. Periwinkle Shadows: Mini Mochi: a tonal play on blues (pale blue into true blue into navy) into indigo into purples.
8. Morning Light: Mini Mochi: plae and soft looing from cream into a pale pink into periwinkle.
There are just a very few balls of each left.