Only one kit (Kit B) left in stock!
This scarf really sings to me. I love the way the short-rows combine to create a strikingly lovely swirl of colors.
You must get the pattern from the designer's Ravelry page here. Our kits are composed of yarn for this beauty. Each kit includes enough yarn for the scarf or for the stole version.
By Marin Melchior of Marinja Knits, here is what she writes about her new Roiling Waters:
Gorgeous pattern with lots of visual movement.
Much more simple than the previous “Butterfly/ Papillion”, due to the more static nature of the pattern.
- It is still not simple and takes focus.
- It is not great for knit nights or social knitting… (sadly) … if you like to chat or drink wine…
It is appropriate for most knitting skills levels (you must be good at the knit stitch and willing to learn a couple new techniques).
However, we each know our own skills and attentive abilities. This one requires much attention. If you are not generally adept at that, even if you have been knitting for a long time, this may not be your best choice of work.
That being said, many beginner knitters have been able to make the more complex “Butterfly/ Papillion” - as they were intent on completing it.
The Yarn and Colorways
Alas, we were unable to get in the exact colorways of Amitola that Marin used in her originals -- they just weren't available any more -- but we contacted her for suggestions.
She wrote back, "The Amitola is really prefect for Roiling waters. I would only say, please try to have no color repeats in the opposing colorways to heighten the combinations. That yarn is so delicious. I am amazed at the fact that it ALL kind of works. Her colors are stunning."
And so! You can see our selections in the inset photos on the top picture of this page and again below it.
Each kit will include two of each colorway.
Kit A: (sorry, sold out)
1. Tango (this is the ony one of the original colorways that Marin used that we were able to repeat) is a vibrant mix of fiesta colors including gold and apricot, amber and violet, rose and pecan. Yum!
2. Seascape is a cool melody including charcoal, gray, pale blue and denim.
1. Tick Tock is another wonderously happy colorway, this time tending towards some of what I think of as autumn colors: teal and peach, rosewood and marigold.
2. Berries combines variations of red-violet mulberry from light to darker, blending gently into a snady oatmeal.