This one is a wonderfully simple yet elegant shawl. I find it perfect for travel knitting or knitting while watching soccer games or when chatting with friends; it will be a wonderful knit while watching TV, listening to music or day-dreaming....
By Nim Teasdale, here is what she writes about Triangulines:
Triangulines is a curved asymmetric triangle which blends 2 colours in 3 different ways to create a simple but striking effect.
The shawl is approx half knit and half purl, however the changeover from one to the other occurs at the marker points instead of the end of the row.
The design is worked sideways, and can be expanded to any size by continuing in the established formula. The simplicity of the stripes and ridges is an ideal canvas for showcasing a beautiful yarn and playing with colour.
The design suits fingering to DK weight yarn, and is ideal for pairings of two solids, or a solid with a gradient, speckle, semi-solid, or subtle variegated CC.
- The size of the shawl is adaptable and can be worked to any size.
- Suits fingering to DK weight yarn in any yardage between approx 500m and 1000m.
- The design can be worked entirely from the written pattern, or from charts with some notes.
We set up this kit with specially selected yarn and have not automatically included the pattern. We offer three options for getting the pattern.
1. If you prefer to get your pattern via Nim's Ravelry page here (and thus have it saved in your Rav library) then set the drop-down menu to "No Pattern Needed."
2. Or we can print out a hard copy for you and send it along with the kit. That option is also via the drop down menu; not that there are 16 pages, all of which will be included
3. Alternatively, I can directly email the pattern to you. This is not automatic, however. Usually I send the pattern when I am about to ship the pattern.
Yarns and Colorways
We haven't put together the same yarn as what Nim used in her original for this kit. Nim used two shades of violet. If you look at the Project Pages you will see some beautiful pieces that use somewhat more contrasting skeins of yarn.
And that is what we are going for here.
One of our yarns mimics one of Nim's beautifully; the other will stand out more, being not only a different hue but also with silvery threads.
You can see our yarns in the inset photo on the top picture and again below that. We show Nim's shawl (with her permission) so you can get an idea of the design.
We have put together two different yarns in two different colorways, both fingering weight. Our kits consist of one skein of each of these:
1. From Malabrigo, the yarn they call Sock, a plied 100% superwash merino with about 440 yards/ 100g. The colorway is Velvet Grapes, a tonal not-quite-solid, in variations of red-violet. Truly a delicious velvety look.
2. From Madeline Tosh, their Tosh Merino Light Glitter, 90% merino wool/ 8% acrylic/ 2% stellina (silver-y threads). The colorway is called Dead Calm and is mostly subtle variations of gray with some golden brown speckles and dashes.
If you would like to add beads to your piece (where and how many being entirely up to you as they are not part of the pattern), contact me if you'd like some color suggestions.